- Experian Fined by CFPB; Jumbo Program News; Technology Updates
- Up-and-coming dancer and rap artist YvngSwag uses his art to take a stand against racism
- Factom releases new solutions that leverage blockchain technology
- Monday Morning Cup of Coffee: The dark side of mortgage automation
- 1 in 4 have less than $1K saved for retirement
- Mexicans who help build Trump wall ‘traitors,’ top Archdiocese says
- Officials: Trump to sign order on Tuesday easing energy regulations
- US Republican lawmaker quits conservative House group over healthcare conflict
Self-employed Borrowers May Qualify to Buy with Their Most Recent Tax Return
Self-employed borrowers can use their most recently filed tax returns to qualify for a home loan. This is a change from most programs, which require returns from the previous two years, using an average of the two years.
Buyers who may have experienced an isolated period of lower income prior to the most recently filed tax year may benefit by having the opportunity to qualify for a larger loan amount.
Program highlights include:
- Self-employed borrowers with a minimum of two years in the current owned business
- Owner-occupied, second-home or investment property purchases
- 30% down payment required for loan amounts to $1.5 million on owner-occupied, single-family residences in CA*
- Loan amounts to $3.5 million with 40% down payment on owner-occupied, single-family residences
The One-Year Tax Return Program lets you work with even more borrowers than those traditionally employed with W-2 earnings. Don’t turn these potential clients away. I can review your clients’ needs and help them navigate their financing options.
Contact me by phone or email to see how many of your clients could benefit from this or any of my other loan programs.
Informational materials for Builder and Real Estate Professionals Only. Materials are not intended for use by or distribution to consumers as defined by Section 1026.2 of Regulation Z, which implements the Truth-In-Lending Act.
For this loan program we are a Mortgage Broker only, not a mortgage lender or mortgage correspondent lender. We will arrange loans with third-party providers but do not make loans for this program. We will not make mortgage loan commitments or fund mortgage loans under this program.
Loan program not available in all states. Please speak to a Prospect Mortgage Loan Officer for more information.
*For owner-occupied, single-family residences located outside of CA, LTV is up to 70% for loan amounts to $1 million. (1216-3381) LR 2016-546B