- Legal News; CFPB Reform Update; Fannie, Freddie, Conforming Lender Changes
- Trump’s Wall Street cop is a big defender of it
- Shop this video: Brush on your sunscreen over your makeup
- Black Knight: Rising interest rates drive prepayment speeds to three-year low
- ACLU files claim against border patrol agent who allegedly sexually assaulted two sisters
- Man faces 40 years in prison for murder of 3-week-old son
- Woman says she found intruder watching her shower
- Bingo Nation, Inc. (BLTO: OTCQB) | Bingo Nation Announces Board Appointment
The latest advance for gun violence prevention: Todd Jones’s confirmation as ATF Director
Yesterday the U.S. Senate voted 53-42 to confirm Todd Jones as the permanent director of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF). Following a bipartisan cloture vote, Jones was confirmed.
It’s been seven years since the ATF had the permanent leadership it needs to effectively help protect our communities from gun violence. This is a victory for gun violence prevention advocates and supporters of common-sense gun reform.
Here’s what President Obama had to say about the confirmation:
“Todd’s confirmation will help ATF apply the tools it needs to protect our communities from dangerous criminals and reduce gun violence… I will continue to stand with the majority of Americans who support common-sense reforms to keep dangerous weapons out of the hands of criminals. And I will continue to do everything in my power to keep our children and our communities safe.”
This fight isn’t over. OFA volunteers are working across the country to keep up the momentum and let lawmakers know that when it comes to protecting our communities, there will be no backing down.