- CoreLogic Sees Signs of Credit Cracks
- Here’s Trump’s record on the middle class
- 3 things you didn’t know about Beyoncé’s most popular Met Gala looks
- Russians, in peaceful protest, call for Putin to quit
- 13 things you didn’t know you could clean with a Magic Eraser
- Vouchers Found to Lower Test Scores in Washington Schools
- PyroGenesis Canada Inc. (PYRNF: OTCQB) | PyroGenesis Announces 2016 Results: Revenues Decrease 16%; Gross Margins (before non-cash items) Increase to 41%; EBITDA (Adj.) Improves 33% Year Over Year; Current Backlog $9.9MM
- Mom Who Overdosed While Shopping With Toddler Gets Probation
The latest advance for gun violence prevention: Todd Jones’s confirmation as ATF Director
Yesterday the U.S. Senate voted 53-42 to confirm Todd Jones as the permanent director of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF). Following a bipartisan cloture vote, Jones was confirmed.
It’s been seven years since the ATF had the permanent leadership it needs to effectively help protect our communities from gun violence. This is a victory for gun violence prevention advocates and supporters of common-sense gun reform.
Here’s what President Obama had to say about the confirmation:
“Todd’s confirmation will help ATF apply the tools it needs to protect our communities from dangerous criminals and reduce gun violence… I will continue to stand with the majority of Americans who support common-sense reforms to keep dangerous weapons out of the hands of criminals. And I will continue to do everything in my power to keep our children and our communities safe.”
This fight isn’t over. OFA volunteers are working across the country to keep up the momentum and let lawmakers know that when it comes to protecting our communities, there will be no backing down.