ROSTELECOM ANNUAL FINANCIAL REPORT
May 17, 2012
OTC Disclosure News Service
Moscow, Russian Federation –
Moscow, Russia – May 16, 2012 – RostelecomOJSC (the “Group”) (MICEX – RTS: RTKM, RTKMP; OTCQX: ROSYY), Russia’s nationaltelecommunications operator,announces that its Annual Financial Report for 2011 along with itsinteractive version which both include the consolidatedIFRS financial results for 2009-2011 are available on the Company’swebsite at http://www.rostelecom.ru/en/ir/results_and_presentations/ar/, in the Investor Relations section.
 Combination ofconsolidated financial statements of North-West Telecom OJSC, CenterTelecomOJSC, Southern Telecommunications Company OJSC, VolgaTelecom OJSC,Uralsvyazinform OJSC, Sibirtelecom OJSC, Far East Telecom OJSC (“RTOs”),Dagsvyazinform OJSC and Rostelecom OJSC, which had been under common control ofSvyazinvest OJSC and were merged on April 1, 2011.
* * *
For more information please visit www.rostelecom.ruor contact:
Investor Relations Department
Tel. +7 (499) 995 97 80
* * *
Rostelecom (www.rostelecom.ru)is Russia’s national telecommunications operator and now also includes theregional incumbent telecommunications operators (CentreTelecom, SibirTelecom,Dalsvyaz, Uralsvyazinform, VolgaTelecom, North-West Telecom and SouthernTelecommunications Company) and Dagsvyazinform. Rostelecom has the largestdomestic backbone network (approximately 500 thousand km) and last mileconnections to approximately 43 billion households in Russia. The Company holdslicences to provide a wide range of telecommunicationsservices (telephony, data, TV and value-added solutions) to residential,corporate and governmental subscribers and fourth party operators across allregions of the Russian Federation. The Rostelecom brand is one of Russia’s tenmost trusted brands (source: Romir market research).
Rostelecom’s ordinary and preferred shares are tradedon the MICEX-RTS (RTKM, RTKMP) stock exchange, and its depository receipts aretraded over-the-counter in the United States on the OTCQX under the symbol‘ROSYY’. Rostelecom is majority owned (53.2% of ordinary shares) by the RussianGovernment and has a free float of less than 40% of the outstanding ordinaryshares and over 70% of the outstanding preferred shares. StandardPoor’shas assigned Rostelecom a ‘BB+’ international credit rating with a ‘Stable’outlook. Rostelecom had 28.5 billion local fixed-line voice subscribers, 12.5billion mobile voice subscribers, 8.2 billion fixed-line broadband subscribersand 5.9 billion pay-TV subscribers at the end of 2011. The Group generated RUB 296.0billion of consolidated revenues, RUB 117.7 billion of OIBDA (39.8% ofrevenues) and RUB 46.1 billion of net income for the twelve months endedDecember 31, 2011.
* * *
Certainstatements in this press release are forward-looking statements within themeaning of the U.S. federal securities laws and are intended to be covered bythe safe harbors created thereby.
Those forward-looking statements include, but are notlimited to:
· Management’sassessment of the Company’s future operating and financial results as well asforecasts of the present value of future cash flows and related factors;
· theCompany’s anticipated capital expenditures and plans to construct and modernizeits network;
· theCompany’s expectations as to the growth in demand for its services, plansrelating to the expansion of the range of its services and their pricing;
· theCompany’s plans with respect to improving its corporate governance practices;
· theCompany’s expectations as to its position in the telecommunications market andthe development of the market segments within which the Company operates;
· economicoutlook and industry trends;
· theCompany’s expectations as to the regulation of the Russian telecommunicationsindustry and assessment of impact of regulatory initiatives on the Company’sactivity;
· otherstatements regarding matters that are not historical facts.
Suchforward-looking statements are subject to risks, uncertainties and otherfactors, which could cause actual results to differ materially from thoseexpressed or implied by these forward-looking statements. These risks,uncertainties and other factors include:
· risks relating to changes in political, economic andsocial conditions in Russia as well as changes in global economic conditions;
· risks relating to Russian legislation, regulation andtaxation, including laws, regulations, decrees and decisions governing theRussian telecommunications industry, securities industry as well as currencyand exchange controls relating to Russian entities and their officialinterpretation by regulatory bodies;
· risks relating to the Company, including theachievement of the anticipated results, levels of profitability and growth,ability to create and meet demand for the Company’s services including theirpromotions, and the ability of the Company to remain competitive in aliberalized telecommunications market;
· technological risks associated with the functioningand development of the telecommunications infrastructure, technologicalinnovations as well as the convergence of technologies;
· other risks and uncertainties. For a more detaileddiscussion of these and other factors, see the Company’s Annual Report and theCompany’s other public filings.
Many of these factors are beyond the Company’s abilityto control or predict. Given these and other uncertainties, readers arecautioned not to place undue reliance on any of the forward-looking statementscontained herein or otherwise. The Company does not undertake any obligation torelease publicly any revisions to these forward-looking statements (which aremade as of the date hereof) to reflect events or circumstances after the datehereof or to reflect the occurrence of unanticipated events, except as may berequired under applicable laws.
 Combinationof consolidated financial statements of North-West Telecom OJSC, CenterTelecomOJSC, Southern Telecommunications Company OJSC, VolgaTelecom OJSC,Uralsvyazinform OJSC, Sibirtelecom OJSC, Far East Telecom OJSC (“RTOs”),Dagsvyazinform OJSC and Rostelecom OJSC, which had been under common control ofSvyazinvest OJSC and were merged on April 1, 2011.
The above news release has been provided by the above company via the OTC Disclosure and News Service. Issuers of news releases and not OTC Markets Group Inc. are solely responsible for the accuracy of such news releases.