For the past few years, corporate compensation has been a major point of contention between Wall Street and Main Street. CEO paychecks have continued to explode, even while millions of workers have been making do with less.
This year was no exception: the average CEO of an SP 500 company brings home almost $13 million, as much money as 383 average households. The head of an average public company overall raked in a slightly less impressive $9.6 million. The Associated Press’ list of the 10 highest-paid CEOs highlights where the big paychecks go — and what America’s companies are getting in return.
Highest Paid CEO’s
- 10. Alan Mulally, Ford Motor.
- 9. John P. Daane, Altera.
- 8. Clarence P. Cazalot Jr., Marathon Oil.
- 7. Robert A. Iger, Walt Disney.
- 6. David M. Cote, Honeywell International.
- 5. Philippe P. Dauman, Viacom.
- 4.Sanjay K. Jha, Motorola Mobility.
- 3. David M. Zaslav, Discovery Communications.
- 2. Leslie Moonves, CBS.
- 1. David Simon, Simon Property Group.
- More Galleries on DailyFinance
Bruce Watson is a senior features writer for DailyFinance. You can reach him by e-mail at email@example.com, or follow him on Twitter at @bruce1971.
Tagged: 10 highest paid CEOs, 10HighestPaidCeos, Alan Mulally, Altera, CBS Corp, ceo compensation, ceo pay, CeoCompensation, CeoPay, David M. Cote, David Simon, Discovery Communications, Finance, Ford Motor